About Me

Monday, January 9, 2012

Awareness

I haven't posted since last Wednesday! AHHHH!  It has been a crazy few days. Jayda's been fighting a cold/cough thing, which is so frustrating because she can't sleep for coughing. Bryant had all-district auditions all day Saturday and had 13 kids make it, which is AWESOME! He is such a good teacher. I want to be like him when I grow up! ;) The only bad thing is that we "lost" Saturday, but this is the season where we lose lots of Saturdays for school events, so I better get used to it! Mom came for the weekend and we got to spend some time with my brother and his family, so that was great!
Today is going to be an interesting day. We will be joining Lillie (the little girl I told you about last week that was born with the same condition as Clark) and her mom for an interview about EA/TEF  that we hope will be in The Daily News. January is EA/TEF awareness month, so we want to spread the word. This is a condition that sometimes even doctors don't know about, but it is believed to occur in 1 in 4,000-5,000 births worldwide. We hope that spreading the word will help other moms and kids like ours.
Now, back to the beauty of God's plan! We found out that one of our favorite couples in the world also had a baby with EA/TEF. Their baby is now 37! It's amazing that we have known this couple for a while, mostly on a professional level, but I felt that I knew quite a bit about their family. I can't tell you how surprised I was to learn about their son. I have been able to talk to them briefly about their experiences, but look forward to hearing more about their journey soon. I can only hope that we can look back on these days when Clark is 37, take a big sigh of relief, and thank the Lord for his mercy and grace. I felt for several weeks that we were alone in this journey, but I know now that God was just waiting for the right time to connect us with those we needed to be connected with.We now have several people that we can talk to, and I have also found some great support groups through Facebook with parents from all across the US. Although we all have different paths, and are at different places along the way, it is amazing to have the support of those who "get it" on the most basic level.
Well, gonna go for now. Clark and I have to get "primped" for our interview (ha)! I'll let you know if/when you can check it out in print! Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment