About Me

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

tiiiii-yerd......

Many times, when I ask the bigger girls to do something, such as "put away your shoes" or "clear the table", it is usually met with, "but, Mom, I'm tooo tiiiiii-yerd!" Interestingly enough, they are usually having their own personal dance party with Pandora upstairs within a couple minutes. Boy, do they recover fast! ;) I am definitely having a  "tiiiii-yerd" day, but I do not anticipate a brief recovery. Yesterday was a 'drive to Chapel Hill, talk to 5 medical professionals for 2 hours, drive back home' day, followed by getting the bigger girls from dance/gymnastics, try to hunt down a nebulizer machine, not physically harm anyone in the Walgreens (including, but not limited to, Brynn- who had to potty- so we had to beg the worker guy to unlock the potty since they had already closed it for the day because it was clean {canIdothisathome!?}- who had on tights and a leotard so you have to completely undress me-who really didn't have to potty after all! -who, as I type has on a bikini, but that's a whole nother story- that Brynn) and get back home to finish cleaning out the closet that I had already pulled everything out of to make myself finish. And then, we had COUGH BABY! Cough baby was determined to pull an all-nighter. She did not feel she had prepared quite enough for today's coughing exam, apparently, so she practiced all night! Bryant helped her study much of the night, but I pulled the last shift early in the morning. And, boy, did it work! She has coughed like a champ today. I give her an A++. Personally, I think she's competitive and just wants to out-do Jayda's 6-day coughing extravaganza that started last week.
Anyway, so we now have a new piece of equipment to add to our medical arsenal. A nebulizer shaped like a cow's head that lives in a barn bag. We haven't used it yet- going to do that in a few minutes. The funny part is that Brynn refused to hug a friend when leaving preschool the other day because she was "smokin'", so we can't wait to see what she's gonna do when she sees Clark "smokin'". So, we are getting ready to gear up for medicine hour. It's a little party we have each night. All 3 girls are on antibiotics right now- Jayda also has flonase, claritin and delsym to take, Brynn HAS to have her medicine in ice cream, and Clark has precavid, erythromyacin and now some other antibiotic that starts with a C they said tasted like feet, so it was a good thing we could put it through the g-tube. Now we have to add a 20 min. pulmicort neb treatment. Someone's bound to get the wrong dosage! 
Anyway, I guess I am going to go now, because after several minutes of trying to determine if we could possibly get away with not bathing them tonight, we decided we couldn't. That would just be one more piece of evidence for DSS to use against us, and we want to reserve all of our chances for big things. Here's hoping for a silent night!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is quite a lot to do!! I will be praying for all of you and the sickness leaves the house soon.

    If you don't mind me asking, how long will Clark have to use her G tube? When will she be able to eat by herself? And, specifically, why the G tube? I am just trying to make sure I understand all facets of her condition.

    Hope I am not being too demanding. And, I am also tiiiii-yerd! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy- you are not being too demanding! However, all of our friends that are ordering us to write blogs and books are! ;) hehe
    We are not sure how long she will have the g-tube. She got it after the Nissen because that makes her unable to release anything from her stomach upward, including burps, so we have to manually burp her with it. The added bonus is that it gives us a way to feed her when she won't/can't eat. Let me tell you how I struggled with it, though! They brought us a g-tube baby doll to practice on a couple days before surgery and I was FREAKED OUT! Bryant kept having to talk me off the ledge. But that is all another conversation for another time. I am now actually really glad she has it, although it does take work to use and maintain. They have told us that she will have it until she hasn't used it for two months, then they will take it out. When we go back in March they will teach us how to replace it, as it needs to be replaced at regular intervals. WAY EXCITED about that, let me tell ya! Maybe I'll learn how to replace shunts, too, and then I can just take care of all of Jayda and Lilly's needs, too! hehe
    We MUST have coffee soon. And good luck understanding all facets of Clark. Even we ( & the docs, for that matter) don't, some of the time. We would just have to sit and have a Q & A for that to happen! Maybe I'll make a powerpoint? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote "yes" on the powerpoint. You should make it in all of your free time. It's clear you have lots of that these days. Ha! I appreciate Brynn reminding us that summer is on the horizon, even though it may seem like we have a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete