About Me

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trudging over the hump...

The past two days have left me feeling a little low. I guess it's mostly the "post-holiday, back to reality" thing, but there are a few other things that aren't working out exactly like I had hoped. I try to remember that God is laughing while I make my plans, but sometimes I think maybe he and I just might agree about what should happen next. That's what I get for thinking! Anyway, if you have a minute to lift me up in prayer, specifically that the path I should take will become clear to me, I would be most appreciative. We had home visits today from two of Clark's early intervention case workers. It is incredible how much support NC provides for Deaf and Hard of Hearing kids and so neat to have lovely people that are available to help. We know how much all of these folks helped Jayda and appreciate all the support for Clark, as well.
We have plans to meet another little girl whose story is eerily similar to Clark's and who lives close by. However, she is now 6 and is in 1st grade. I am very excited to meet this beautiful little girl and her Mom, as I know they will provide me with comfort and hope, but will also give us a little glimpse of the "unknown". I am also excited for our big girls to meet her so they can see that, although Clark will continue to face challenges, everything is going to be fine and Clark is going to soon become the "other best friend" they've been anticipating.
We had a very nice joint shower today at Bryant's school. His staff, along with so many other friends and colleagues in the OCSs have been amazingly wonderful to us over the past 5 months. I feel like we should be giving them a shower, rather than the other way around! We are so thankful for their generosity and love.
Well, I have another to-do list staring me in the face, so I guess I will go now to try to move forward with that. Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Love you, and whatever is meant to be will all work out in good time. It's so hard to wait--especially if you have your heart and mind set on something. But, I've learned (and I suspect that you have, too), that He is good, and He loves you like you love those sweet children, and He ONLY wants what's best for you.

    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. We have a plan and God has a bigger plan. I am struggling in the same way looking at the correct path. Jeff's Chemo has been delayed again and I am having a few issues, probably due to stress. I graduated in Dec. and Jeff lost his job because the company closed in Wilmington. He is employeed in name only at the Raleigh office so he will continue to get long term disability. However, there are decisions that will have to made regarding the kids and insurance, etc. Anyway, our situations are relatively different but it all occured around the same time. We can rely on each other for prayer that we will see clearly what God has planned. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete